Luna Gold Corp. believes the health and safety of our employees is fundamental to its business success. Thus, any employee work-place related injury or illness is unacceptable. The Company is committed to identifying and eliminating hazardous conditions and practices in the workplace. We will continually strive for industry leadership in health and safety performance. In order to achieve excellence in these areas, all employees must make personal commitments to their health and safety as well as that of their colleagues. The Company pledges the following to assist employees in achieving these goals.
1. Provide the necessary expertise, resources and training to maintain a safe and healthy work environment.
2. Establish clear and actionable safety and occupational health programs built around regulatory compliance and adoption of best practices.
3. Periodically audit compliance with our safety and occupational health programs.
4. Promote employee involvement and accountability in the pursuit of safety and health excellence.
5. Investigate all accidents and implement appropriate remedial actions.
6. Measure and promote continuous improvement in safety and health performance.
7. Maintain a high level of communications on health and safety issues on a daily basis.
8. Require all employees and contractors to be aware of, and comply with, company safety and health regulations.
9. Maintain a high level of emergency preparedness.
10. Develop a culture of safety and wellness not just for employees, but extending to their families and to the communities in which we operate.